Your air-conditioner is the hardest working appliance in your home and the most neglected. Did you know your residential units should be serviced yearly at the minimum?
Did you know that your warranty may be completely void if you have not had your units properly serviced yearly? Make sure you check the fine print on your warranty certificates!
How do I know I need a deep clean service?
- Bad or funny smells coming from the unit: If it’s a burning smell, please turn the unit off immediately and give us a call, there may be a malfunction and you need new parts.
- Visible mould: If you can see mould on the blades of the unit or behind the filters (even on the filters) it’s time to have a service. Otherwise you continue to breathe in toxins.
- Leaking water: If water is leaking from the unit inside, then there’s a blockage and the unit needs to be serviced immediately. You may also need new parts depending on the level of damage that may have been caused.
- Cigarette smoke: Smoking in the house leads to the accumulation of tar inside the units. You may need to have your units serviced more regularly.
- Dust or debris build-up: Even if you don’t use your air-conditioning often, dust and debris can build up and be sucked into the machine causing damage. It’s better for the long term health of your unit that it’s turned on for a little while, every now and again.
- Poor efficiency: If the unit is working harder than it should or not cooling the room down effectively you need a service.
- Air Flow: If the air flow is diminished or non-existent, this may be a sign that it’s time to upgrade your unit rather than opting for servicing or repairs.
- Noises: Weird noises coming from the unit may indicate mechanical components have failed and it needs to be repaired or replaced.
- Animals: Geckos, ants, roaches, spiders and insects love to make homes in your air-conditioners. When you turn the unit on, all their messes are blown around your room and you end up breathing it all in! Just another reason to have to have your air-conditioners properly cleaned.
Why do I need a Deep Clean Service?
If the reasons above didn’t gross you out enough here are some more good reasons:
- You spend a fortune on these machines, both in initial outlay and energy bills. They are a big investment so you can stay comfortable in your home. However, neglecting their maintenance will ensure a steady decline in their performance, half their lifespan and guarantee a steady increase in power usage.
- Clogged and dirty filters can obstruct airflow, radically reduce efficiency and impair the coils heat-absorbing capacity. Replacing a dirty, clogged filter with a clean one can lower your energy consumption by 5% to 15%!
- Protect your health by not breathing in accumulated toxins trapped in the filters.
What does an air-conditioning Deep Clean Service entail?
- A through visual inspection of the unit
- Testing of the unit using specific testing equipment – monitoring how hard your machine is working
- Cleaning all the filters
- Flushing the drains and wet vacuuming, so there is no mess left
- Chemical pressure washing and rinsing
- Anti-mould sterilisation
- Cleaning of all covers
- Isolator testing – making sure there are no faults at the hub
- Visual check of the outdoor compressor
- Condenser and evaporator coil cleaning if required
- A full PDF report on the service and any issues identified emailed straight to you
Deep Clean Service costs start at $120 – Book in your service now
Find the right professional electrician to help you
Triforce Electrical is a trusted, brisbane local and professional business that can assist you with all of your residential electrical needs. We understand the importance of looking after your air conditioner and that’s why we offer a professional Brisbane Air-Con Service. We believe in doing it once do it right. If you want an air con supplied, installed and cleaned yearly call us to discuss your electrical needs.